MISSION / VISION STATEMENT
To empower and connect all citizens to appropriate resources based on a self-identified need; through Information, Referral and Crisis Intervention, by dialing 2-1-1.
The Aiken County Help Line recognizes the value of each individual and their capability to define and direct their own lives through self-determination
What We Believe:
- Each person should be treated equally with respect and dignity.
- Sometimes, life is hard. Challenges and difficulties are a part of life
- Talking to someone who cares can help you cope during difficult times.
- Trained, professional Call Specialists can be a helpful first resource for those seeking options through Information, Referral, Disasters and/or Crisis Intervention.
What We Offer:
- Free live assistance via phone or chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Interpretation services in over 240 languages.
- HIPAA certified caller confidentiality.
- Trained, unbiased, respectful Call Specialists to talk with you about your concerns.
- Referrals to various non-profit agencies, services, and resources in your community or state for continuing help and support.
- Relevant information during times of Disasters.
- Crisis Intervention to anyone in a situation where they don’t know where to turn for help. Non-judgmental and trained staff can provide listening support and provide intervention.
- Experience in Lethality assessment and diversion.
What We Do Not Offer:
- 2-1-1 DOES NOT OFFER DIRECT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE. We refer you to agencies that may.
- 2-1-1 Agents are not licensed mental health therapists or Counselors. We are highly trained telephone professionals who are capable of conducting appropriate screenings and assessments to assist in times of crisis.
- 2-1-1 does not offer lists of individual homes for purchase or rent. We refer to the SC Housing Search and Housing Authorities for this. You may consider contacting a local realtor for a current listing of rentals in your area.
- 2-1-1 does not offer directory assistance to non-human service agencies or residential listings outside of our database. We will refer you to Free 4-1-1 for this (1-800-FREE411 or 1-800-373-3411; you must listen to an advertisement first but can then access the 411 services).